CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another big step :(

Since I am off from school this week, I decided to go ahead and take Bryce's crib down and put him in the big boy bed. Sniff, Sniff....my baby is growing up!!! He got a new bed spread from Grandma and Papaw Pinti for Christmas. It looks nice all put together, but I still can't get used to seeing a bed in his room instead of a crib. So I did all of this yesterday (Wednesday) and last night was his first night in the big boy bed. He was really excited to show it off to his dada when he got home from work. He said "come here dada, show you my room!!". We went threw our bed time routine and he climbed right in after we prayed. We said our goodnights and walked out. Well....he was fine for a minute, then he got up and opened the door and said "want to come out here". So we put him back in bed and put one of those door knob child locks on. When he realized what we did, he lost it! He screamed and screamed for about 20 min, I went back in and calmed him down and layed him back in bed. He screamed for another 10-15 min and I went back in and layed with him for a couple of minutes and we talked about how cool his new bed was. Then I gave kisses and left again. This time he was quite and fell right to sleep! I was so happy that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. He woke up only one time asking for a "sip of water". The rest of the night was a breeze. His nap today was pretty good too. I only had to go in there one time and it was b/c I heard him playing with something. He climbed right back in bed and went to sleep. Tonight, he cried for maybe 5 minutes and that was it. I have my fingers crossed that we continue sleeping well in the big boy bed!!!
Trying to climb in...

Cheesing...

Fast asleep...

0 comments: