CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Camping Trip

Sorry I have been so slack with our blog. It has been awhile since I have added new things. I just haven't been feeling very well and sitting at the computer is the last thing I want to do. But I am feeling okay today, thus the updates.
Over Labor Day weekend we decided to go camping with some friends, J and S and their daughter (Bryce's girlfriend) R. We went to Springmaid Mountain campground in Spruce Pine NC. It was such a beautiful campground and would recommend it to anyone! The place is very large with tent sites and cabins for rent. It has 5 or 6 ponds that you can fish in and one to swim in. There is a river that runs through that you can go tubing down. They have a horse barn with so many horses and they offer trail rides. There was also a playground that we found on the last day. (oh well). We will definitely go back again! We had a lot of fun! The kids really enjoyed it too. Of course Bryce likes to be outside anyway. One of the days, the boys went fishing while J and I watched the kids and when they got back, J and I went on a relaxing, beautiful horse back ride through the trails. At two different points, we crossed through the river, that was so fun. We ruffed it all the way, slept in tents, cooked on the fire, took showers in a nasty bathroom (my only complaint). The kids did pretty well at night, better than I thought they would. R got up a couple of times b/c she is not used to sleeping in the same area as other people and well, a tent is a small space. Bryce got up a couple of times too, mainly to be covered back up or to find his paci. But I can't tell you how much fun we had!!

By the campfire...


Bryce thinks he can blow it out...


Climbing the tree...


He loved the horses...from a distance. We could see them from our campsite, but when we brought him to the fence, he would get so scared! But the whole weekend, horses were the topic of conversation between the kids...


J and R (she was scared too)...


J on the horse...


Getting ready to ride (I know, I know, but it was a really easy ride...no trotting)...


Through the river...


He caught a BIG one...


They loved the smores once they figured out how to eat them...

0 comments: