CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Chompers!

This past Monday, Bryce had his first trip to the dentist! I was planning on taking him anyway as I've always heard that they start going at 3 years old.
Well, on Friday night we noticed that one of his front teeth was gray! I got really nervous b/c I heard that usually means nerve damage. It was just out of no where and he hadn't done anything recently (that we knew of) to make this happen. So first thing Monday morning I called to make an appt. There is a new Pediatric Dentist right up the street that we heard was very nice, and it was. I wished I could go there. :)
Bryce was excited to go see the dentist, even though he didn't know who that was. But we got there and he seemed really relaxed. I just kept thinking "if you only knew what some dentists have to do to your teeth...you'll learn." haha! But I was really happy that he was excited to see what the dentist was all about. They took us back to the exam room and he sat in the mini dentist chair like a brave lil boy. The hygienist took a peak and then the lady dentist came in to do her thing. She said that it was probably a trauma to the tooth, that he hit it on something and it is just "bruised". She checked the rest of his teeth and found no cavities! She had the hygienist take an x-ray just to make sure there was no nerve damage. The x-ray looked good! She is having us come back in a month to have another x-ray and get his teeth cleaned. She said that the gray color from the bruise will most likely fade away by then.
I am so proud of how brave my big boy was! He really surprised me...as he always does!
You know I had to take pictures of it!

In the waiting room...

My big boy in the dentist chair sitting so patiently ("mom, you are embarrassing me!")...

Having the x-ray done, nice cape...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He did excellent! I wish Jamie was that calm. :) Way to go Bryce! Glad to hear it wasn't anything bad!