CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am back!

As some of you may have noticed, I have not posted anything new in awhile. We have actually been on vacation. First we went to Chicago to see some of my family, then we went to Topsail Island to take Bryce to the beach, and lastly we went to Wilmington to see David's aunt, uncle and cousins. So the last week and a half, we have been very busy people. You know what that means....lots of pictures!! So many that I will have to break them down and do individual postings. So keep checking back to see whats new!

As I said before, the first place we went was Chicago. This was the first time that we've flown with Bryce since he has been mobile. I was so nervous that I would be the parent on the plane that everyone hated because "she can't control her screaming child". But to both David and my amazement...he was absolutely excellent!!! He did not cry a single time on the way there and for only a couple minutes on the way back (b/c we got stuck in a hot plane on the runway for 45 min). We brought things for him to do, a couple new small toys (to keep his interest), and David's laptop with a couple DVDs. We never even had to use the DVDs as a distractor! He colored and read books the whole flight. On the way back, he slept for about half the flight. Which by the way, I didn't realize just how long he has gotten until he fell asleep in my arms! That was rather achword. But here are some pics of the airport and flight. We are just so proud of how well behaved he was...I shouldn't say too much, it might catch up with me. :)

Looking out the window of the airport at the planes, he was so amazed...


Waving Bye-bye to the airport before taking off...


As we were taking off, he got a bit nervous. His body tensed up and he buried his head in my chest. He was so funny...


Even though he liked the plane ride, he was glad to be off. Yes, I bought a baby "leash". It was cute, a little bear that he wore like a book bag with a string for me to hold on to. It even had a pocket for his sippy. I was just so nervous about letting him walk in the airport, it is always so busy. And he didn't want the stroller and he won't hold our hands (too independent now)so I thought this way he could walk and I could still have a hold of him...

0 comments: