CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Vacation #5

After we got back from Chicago, we took Bryce to the beach to see what he thought of that vast ocean and all the sand. Last year he didn't like it at all, but he wasn't even walking then so it wasn't fun for him. This year, he liked the sand, but hated the ocean for the most part. I have one picture of him smiling while in the ocean, the rest are unhappy, nervous, looks. We went to Topsail Island, NC. It is a nice place if that is all you want to do...go to the beach and the hotel pool. There is nothing else around besides a couple restuarants (that I didn't think were very good). But we still had a great time. It was a nice get away for just the three of us.

The first time his feet hit the sand, he had no idea what to think. He just kept moving his feet around and wiggling his toes...


Looking out at the ocean wondering just how big that "pool" is...


He was walking along and the waves snuck up behind him. Look how nervous...


His lip came flying out and the tears poured down...


This is the only pic I have where he is smiling in the ocean...


And now we see why there were no more smiles...


Happy on the beach...


Building a sand castle with daddy...


I wrote his name in the sand so he tried to do the same...


Trusty little shovel...


Baby or should I say Big Boy feet...


My little beach bum...


There was a pier that was open to the public that we went to one night. He thought it was so cool. He ran back and forth and would turn around and say "come on, let's go!" He stopped running when he tripped and busted his lip open. It swelled up so big and was bleeding everywhere. I took a picture of his boo boo, but it is too sad to show...


Daddy and Bryce...


Looking out into the ocean...


Looking for seashells with mommy...


Family pic at Topsail Island Beach...


The next night we went down to the park for Bryce to play. They also had a nice pier to go out on. He walked up to all the fishermen and asked about the fish and looked in their buckets. He had so much fun. Mommy and Bryce on the pier...


Such a handsome little man...


Family footsteps in the sand. I love this picture...


Taking a break from the ocean in the hotel pool...

0 comments: