Get ready...this will be long. So I am going to do it in separate posts to make it easier.
Some of our friends had planned a trip to Jamaica this year. David and I didn't think we would be able to go b/c having a new house also means a new and higher mortgage payment. :)
But for our anniversary, David surprised me...I mean REALLY surprised me by telling me he booked us a trip too. With only 3 weeks to prepare myself for leaving my kids and getting everything ready to go, I was a bit stressed. But I was very happy that he thought of such a good present.
This year we went to Sandals Resort in Negril Jamaica. Mike, Shannon, Damon and Kristel all went as well. It was a nice resort, but honestly we weren't that impressed. We paid more for this trip and stayed less days than any other trip we've been on so we were expecting something wonderful. But in comparison to the other places and resorts we've been to, this was just OK. I guess we have just been spoiled. And when we talked to other couples who have never been anywhere besides Jamaica or the Sandals resort...they thought it was the best place ever. We definitely told them to go other places before they made Jamaica a favorite. We had a really great time and had a lot of fun with our friends, but it's not a place we will be going back to. And I don't think we will ever recommend it to others. But all in all, I am just grateful that we got to go on vacation to a tropical location with all the free food and drinks your heart desires. :)
On the bus from airport to resort...
Lobby....jpg)
Room....jpg)
Beach views on the resort....jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Jamaica
Posted by JDB at 7:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment