There are some movie theaters in our area that during the summer offer free movies to kids. So this past week Bryce and I had "Mommy and Bryce Day". I didn't tell him where we were going, just that it was only going to be the two of us. He was so excited to hear that. I guess b/c you get so used to doing things with both kids, you don't think about setting aside time to do things with them individually. The happiness on his face was so heart warming. I have to do things like that more often.
I told Bryce that I had a surprise for him (he has never been to the movies before). Then when we got to the theater I told him we were at a Theater and we were going to see a movie on a really big screen. He wasn't quite sure what to expect. So we got our popcorn and we walked in. The first thing he said/did when he saw the seats was "mommy, I don't want to go. I don't like boomers!" I think that he saw the stadium type seating and he thought it was going to be like the circus and there were going to be fireworks! Too funny! But I pointed out the big "TV" screen and he was fine then.
He did so well and he really enjoyed eating the popcorn and watching Shriek the Third. And I enjoyed watching him take it all in.
After that we had lunch together and then we went to his Little Gym class.
I can't tell you how nice it was to give him all my attention. I love both of my boys, but I have to remember to devote time to each of them individually as well as a family.
Turning around saying he didn't want to see boomers!...
Got the popcorn, all is good!...
Sunday, July 5, 2009
A Special Day
Posted by JDB at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment