My baby is no longer a baby. (okay, he will always be my baby)
He hit the one year mark and I realized I never made a post about that.
Heath is getting to be such a big boy. More and more his personality is coming out and he is becoming his own person. He is still the happiest lil man you will ever meet. He doesn't know a stranger, although he still wants his mommy close by when around new people. He is talking a lot. Mostly babbles, but he is adding to his vocabulary as well. Now he says dog, daisy, and ball along with the other words he was already saying. He will "arf" like a dog too. It is so funny! He continues to have great balance. He has no problem standing for a couple minutes, reaching down to get a toy and standing back up, etc. But he just doesn't have the nerve to take some steps. He does well with walking holding on to someone or a push toy, but that is it. He is not going to be a risk taker I guess. Honestly, I am not in a hurry for him to walk. That is just one more step towards independence. I am not ready for that! He claps and says "Yeaaa", gives high fives, blows kisses, gives kisses (wide open slobbery mouth ones!), and he is good at imitating. He plays very well with his big brother. He follows Bryce around watching his every move. I love seeing their relationship grow. It is so interesting to see the bond between them. Bryce is still a great big brother and helper. He is so sweet towards Heath. Sharing is an issue, but what 3 year old likes to share??!!
At his one year appt, the doctor said he looks great. He is doing everything he should be at this point. He weighed in at 23lbs and 2oz (50%) and is 28 and 7/8 inches tall (25%). So I have a short rolly polly on my hands and I love it! I don't want those rolls to go anywhere just yet. :)
I can't begin to describe how lucky and blessed I feel everyday. I would do anything for my kids, they are my life. I can't imagine not having them. This year went incredibly fast, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I look forward to the next year as I watch my baby continue to grow into a lil man.
Happy Birthday Heath!!.jpg)
Monday, April 20, 2009
The One year mark
Posted by JDB at 8:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe he's already one. I love that hat!
Ok i have to admit, this is too cute, i wish mine would take just as good pictures, though they can when they want..lol
Post a Comment