CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A BIG Deal!

I promise I will get caught up soon with vacation, house, 4 month update and everything else really soon. But until then...

I had to share what Bryce decided to do while we were on vacation. Out of nowhere, he started telling us he wanted to go potty!! And he did so good! About 95% of the times he said he had to go potty, he actually went. He has been staying dry most of the time except for nap time, bedtime and maybe once every other day his pull-up is wet between bathroom trips. He also went poop in the potty one time while we were on vacation...now that hasn't happened again, but at least we are moving in the right direction! I am SO PROUD of him! Most of you know just how stubborn my child was being when it came to going potty and then I guess he just decided one day that it was time to be a big boy. I never would have thought that he would start while on vacation in an unfamiliar place, but it was fine with me.
One night while we were out to dinner with Jim, Sarah, Mike, Shannon and the boys (still on vacation), he said he had to go potty. I was feeding Heath or something so Aunt Sarah took him to the bathroom. He came running through the restaurant yelling "I peed on the potty Mommy, I peed on the potty!! Can I have chocolate?". Everyone just kinda laughed while we were all trying to shhhh him. He is so proud of himself too...as he should be.
Just another milestone in my big boy's life!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that he wanted to go potty all on his own! He's growing up! :)