A lot has been going on lately and I am really behind on postings. But I will catch up soon.
Until then, I wanted to tell you guys about the boys' first day of school! Yep, I said school. David's mom had been watching Bryce for us and had planned on watching both boys when I returned to work. But some uncontrollable circumstances came up and she was very sad to say that she couldn't do it any more. She had gotten a job with the school system. I think she will like her new job, the boys will miss her and she will miss them, but this is good for everyone. Anyway, we found a daycare at a local church that was recommended by one of my best friends (Bryce's girlfriend, R, also goes there and is in his class). I was pleased to see that they follow a curriculum...Bryce needs to be challenged. So today was their first day. I can't tell you how hard I cried last night to think that my babies were going to a place filled with strangers. I know that they will be fine, but as a mom you think that no one could do a better job at keeping your kids than yourself. I felt like I was going to have a nervous break down. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. :) David assured me that everything and everyone was going to be fine. So this morning we all got up and ready to go to school. Bryce was excited to put his backpack on and to go see his teacher and of course R! I was not excited, but knew it had to be done. When we got there, Bryce was a bit hesitant and wanted to hold my hand. Then when he saw his teacher...all was good! He put his bag in his cubby, gave hugs and kisses and off he was to play with his new friends. My little big boy was starting a new chapter in his life and he was just fine about it. His mommy was happy that he was so comfortable and ready, but so upset to see him turn his back and walk away like such a "big boy". I know he still needs me, but today was just another step of him getting his independence.
As for Heath, he doesn't know a stranger. He was all smiles, laughing and talking when we walked in his room. It was especially hard to leave him for the first time. But like with Bryce the first time we left him, I know it has to be done and as the week(s) go by, it will be easier to leave him there.
Both teachers said that they did great for their first day. They were surprised at how independent Bryce is and at how happy of a baby Heath is. Bryce said that he had fun playing with his new friends and his teacher and as long as he is happy...that makes everything easier. :)
Monday, August 18, 2008
A sad day for mommy...
Posted by JDB at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bryce looks so sweet in that picture by the door. They both look pretty happy! Glad to hear they had a great first day. I hope it gets easier on you soon!
I am glad they did so good! Devin started his first day at daycare yesterday too! It is so hard!
Post a Comment