I sent out an email and put a post on here asking you guys for help to keep my friend Betsy's memory alive. I asked for donations to go towards the Autism Walk, something she was very avid about participating in every year. Thanks to some of you, I reached my personal goal! But even better than that, our Celebrating Betsy Team had set a goal of $10,000 and with all of our personal goals put together, we reached over $12,000 and counting!! Thank you so much for taking something like this and helping to make a difference!
The walk was at Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord (right outside Charlotte). It was a beautiful day to (try) walk 3 laps around the track. We did make it around twice and would have gone further if we didn't have the Cadillac of all strollers to push. :)It was a great turn out...we had over 100 online registered walkers for our team and some others that just came the day of. We couldn't have asked for better. I know Betsy was watching us with such pride. We were all there for the cause (the fight against Autism), but we were all there for Betsy and what she loved.
For you B-sizzle!!
Her fiance set a personal goal of $4,500 and he said that if he reached it, he would shave his head for the walk. He raised over $6,200!! He had a mohawk, then on one side of his head he had a "L" and the other side a "B" (he called Betsy his Love Bug), and a puzzle piece on the back of his head (the symbol for Autism). What a great guy!!
Because our group rank 1st with donations, our team captain, Amy C, gave a speech as to why we were there and did what we did. She brought tears to everyone's eyes as she spoke of Betsy. Betsy's fiance also stood on stage to show off what his donations brought...
These next two girls were the best helpers a person could ask for! They pushed the stroller and helped me with anything the boys needed during the walk...
Amy and I...
Some of our team's walkers...
Bryce and I walked to the top of one of the turns in the race track. I had no idea just how steep those inclines are! Race car drivers are crazy!!! It was hard to walk up and then back down, but it was pretty neat and Bryce enjoyed climbing the "hill"...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Thank you!
Posted by JDB at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment