CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Opps!

I forgot to post Heath's 8 month update!
Well, here we go a couple weeks late...
He started doing a couple new things this past month. He started to hold his bottle on his own. Before he was so lazy that he would just rest it on his big belly and get nothing but air, so he knew that we would take over and hold it for him. But now he is doing a great job by himself.
Heath started saying his first real word. He has been babbling for awhile now, baba, dada, mama, and other noises as well. But on Dec 3 he held his arms out for me and said "mama, mama." And he has continued to do it. So we will consider "mama" his first word because it was said with comprehension. :)
He is doing much better about getting up on all fours. He rocks back and forth once he is up there. He started doing an inch worm thing where he would get up on all fours, pull his knees tight up under his belly, and then instead of reaching his arms out, he would just lay back out on the floor but extending himself further. Then he gets back up on all fours to do it again. I don't know if I would consider it crawling yet, but he is able to get himself to places, short distances that way. He is really good at pushing himself backwards longer distances. I can say that he is getting much better at trying to put it all together...I think he will start really crawling any day now.
Heath is also able to get himself back into a sitting position from laying down. Before he couldn't get his arms to reach over his big belly to push himself back up once he was laying down, but he's got it now.
He is still pulling up on things. It takes him awhile to get that weight up, but he is so excited once he does.
We had to lower his crib mattress down a level because he was pulling up in there. We can't have him going up and over the side! :)
He is trying his hardest to grow some hair and I think he does have more at this age than Bryce did. But the color of it is very much debatable.
And he still doesn't have any teeth! Not even any in sight! But I do love that gummy smile!
I do laugh at his big belly, rolly polly legs and chubby cheeks...but I love every inch of that lil boy! I wouldn't have him be any other way! He is always so happy and content. Bryce is still a great big brother and Heath just adores him. I am so lucky to have two handsome, smart, fun, lovable little boys!


0 comments: